What’s the difference between “refinishing” and “re-staining a log home?
- Refinishing means taking the logs down to fresh wood by blasting off the existing stain and applying a new coat of stain
- Re-staining means simply cleaning the logs and applying another coat of stain
How to tell if you need one or the other type of service?
You need re-staining when:
- Stain is simply faded
- Stain has started to wear off on some areas
- Stain does not repel water any longer
If you think you just need a fresh coat of stain, click here to learn more about the Edmunds & Company re-staining service. You may need a more thorough refinishing process if:
- Your stain is peeling in many places
- The color of the stain is dark or grayed, or significantly variegated in color
- You see bare wood in many areas
If you think your log home needs the complete refinishing process, click here to learn more.
Consult with an expert on log home refinishing and re-staining. Contact Edmunds & Company or call our toll free number 715-373-5744.